"Meet Kim" Sweepstakes
“MEET KIM” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Meet Kim Sweepstakes begins on March 20, 2015 at 12:01am ET and ends on March 30, 2015 at 11:59pm ET (the “Entry Period”) (the “Sweepstakes”). “ET” means Eastern Time as observed in the United States of America (“USA”). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Glu Mobile Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is The Concept Studio, LLC (“Administrator”). Only entrants who reside in the United States of America, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and who are age 18 or over on the date of entry are eligible to win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible entrants (“Entrant(s)”) may participate in the Sweepstakes using one of the following entry methods during the Entry Period:
1. In-App Method of Entry: Download the KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD mobile app available for iOS and Android for Google and Amazon only. Then during the Entry Period use your internet connected mobile device to play KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD, fill out the provided entry form with your correct and complete information, and complete as many eligible projects for a five (5) “star” score (per project) as you can during the Entry Period; you will not receive a “K-Ticket” for completing an eligible project within the game that receives less than five (5) stars. One (1) “K-Ticket” or entry will be awarded for each of your projects that achieve five (5) stars during the Entry Period. Sponsor estimates that KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD offers each entrant the opportunity to earn up to 7,000 K-Tickets during the Entry Period. Entrants who enter the Sweepstakes via the KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD game will be charged according to their standard data rates and entrants should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details.
2. Alternative Method of Entry: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a 3” x 5” index card with the following hand-printed information: your name, age, street address, contact phone, and e-mail address. Mail the card in an envelope with proper postage to the Sweepstakes Administrator: MEET KIM SWEEPSTAKES, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880. You will then be entered for the Sweepstakes. Your registration(s) or entry(-ies) must be received by Sponsor by mail by March 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET, when the Entry Period ends. You may submit up to 7,000 index cards, each with the foregoing hand-printed information. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language, including profanity.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection; miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected entries; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Limit to 7,000 entries or “K-Tickets” per person for the entire Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household. Multiple entries received in violation of the foregoing entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor's sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor's sole discretion. All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant must provide all information requested. Incomplete, unreadable or unintelligible submissions will be disqualified. Sponsor must detect your mobile device within the United States of America including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Sponsor’s designated computer is the only valid official time-keeping device for determining the end of the Entry Period for the Sweepstakes. You must provide all information requested. If there is a dispute as to any entrant or entries made via a mobile device, the entrant will be deemed the natural person who is the authorized account holder for the wireless provider used by the mobile device and corresponding email address used.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens who are physically located in and legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, ages 18 or older at the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, the Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and their advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family members and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Subject to all applicable laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Five (5) prize winners will be selected on or about April 6, 2015 in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor/Administrator from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
5. VALIDATION: All winners are subject to validation. Potential winners will be notified by email promptly after winner selection. You are not a winner until validated and you receive official notification from the Administrator. It is entirely each entrant’s responsibility to ensure that his/her designated email address is accurate, valid and operative. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted (response within two (2) days of receipt of initial email), he or she is found to be ineligible at any point during the administration of the Sweepstakes, he or she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s instructions, or if his or her prize, prize notification, or other Sweepstakes-related correspondence is faulty, rejected, or returned as undeliverable, that potential winner may be disqualified without notification and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners will be contacted, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Winners will be required to sign and return, when requested, a non-disclosure agreement, an affidavit of eligibility, and prize/publicity release (the “Contest Documents”) within two (2) business days. All winners may also be required to provide to Sponsor all documentation requested by Sponsor to permit it to comply with all applicable USA, state and local tax reporting and withholding requirements, including but not limited to an IRS W-9 form. A potential winner (or any alternate potential winner if one must be selected) is not official and will not be confirmed as a winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned the Contest Documents and any required tax-related documents such as an IRS W-9, and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. If any winner is a minor in his/her state, the Contest Documents must be signed by his or her parent or legal guardian and the prize may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian. By taking part in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding on all aspects of the Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZES/ODDS: FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: Each prize consists of: Round-trip coach air transportation for winner (and applicable airport fees and taxes) between the major airport in the U.S. that is nearest winner’s residence and San Francisco, California, ground transfers to/from the San Francisco airport and hotel, hotel accommodations for two (2) nights, a stipend for meals and incidentals ($150) and admission to a meet-and-greet event with Kim Kardashian West for one person. The meet-and-greet event will occur in May 2015. (Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $2,200 USD, actual value may vary depending on departure city). TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $11,000.00 USD. The actual date of the meet-and-greet event with Kim Kardashian West will be revealed to the qualified winners, subject to receipt of a signed non-disclosure agreement from each qualified winner. Each Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel to coincide with event schedule, or such Grand Prize Winner’s prize will be forfeited. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner’s proximity within 200 miles of San Francisco, driving stipend may be substituted for round-trip air travel. Winner may be required to provide a valid credit card upon hotel check-in. If any portion of the prize does not take place as currently scheduled, for any reason including flight delays, postponements or cancellations, Sponsor at its sole discretion may change the prize dates or cancel that portion of the prize relating to the event, in which event that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Allow 4-6 weeks after validation for finalization of prize details.
All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, including without limitation, meals, gratuities, transportation and other incidentals, are solely the Winner’s responsibility. No substitutions or transfers of prize, except in Sponsor’s discretion and with Sponsor’s prior written consent. Odds of winning prize depend upon total number of entries received during the Entry Period.
Each Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving his/her prize. The value of the prize is taxable to winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner for the actual value of the prize awarded if the aggregate value of the prize awarded to and other compensation received by winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree that Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage, including death, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or relating to the Sweepstakes, including your entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each Indemnified Party from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. The Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) or any notifications or prize delivery to a winner that is undeliverable, returned, rejected or blocked due to reasons not attributable to Sponsor. The Indemnified Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any phone, computer or other electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes drawing as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, the unavailability of Ms. Kardashian West or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the Sweepstakes or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the designated end date for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices, including intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE GAME (KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD) OR RELATED WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, you authorize Sponsor, its affiliates and designees, and their respective agents and agencies to use your name, voice, likeness, statements, photograph, biographical data, city, state and country of residence for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, you also agree that your name, city, state and country may be posted on the Sweepstakes website or mobile website.
10. APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. If any of the provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, participants waive their right to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial procedures in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including waiver of right to jury trial.
11. ARBITRATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to the Sweepstakes will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor or anyone associated with the production, development or handling of this Sweepstakes, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of the Sweepstakes or the terms of these Official Rules, shall be submitted individually, without resort to class action, to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration, under its rules then in effect, in San Francisco, California, USA, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred and that, unless prohibited by applicable law, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
12. SPONSOR: Glu Mobile Inc., 500 Howard Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105 USA.
Website: www.glu.com. Glu and the g-man logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc. in the US and/or other countries. All rights reserved. KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD © 2014 Kimsaprincess, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 Glu Mobile Inc. All Rights Reserved.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Studio, LLC, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880.
14. WINNERS’ NAMES: A list of the winners will be available after April 30, 2015. To receive a copy of the list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Glu Mobile VIP Club Sweepstakes Winners, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880 USA by June 30, 2015.