Covet Fashion CovetCon Diamond Giveaway
SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. AS EXPLAINED BELOW, THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”) REQUIRE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The COVET FASHION COVETCON DIAMOND Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins on Thursday June 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm PT and ends on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm PT (the “Promotion Period”). “PT” means Pacific Time as observed in the United States of America (“USA”). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS. Glu Mobile Inc. is the Sponsor of this Promotion (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The promotion is only open to entrants who:
The Promotion is not open to entrants who:
3. HOW TO ENTER: An interested and eligible person or Game end user must submit a valid Entry (as defined below) to participate in this Promotion (each, an “Entrant”). An Entrant may submit either (a) 1 In-App Entry or (b) 1 Email Entry (each, as defined below) during the Promotion Period. A maximum of 1 Entry per Entrant will be accepted; Entries in excess of the stated maximum will be disqualified. Glu Mobile Inc. will announce on the COVET FASHION Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/covetfashion/) the commencement of the Promotion Period (the “Designated Facebook Post”).
In-App Entry Method: To enter, an Entrant must play the Game on an iOS Apple device or Android for Google and Amazon devices. The Game can be obtained and played for free by download the Game from the Apple iTunes or the Google Play store and launching the Game after installing the Game. Then during the Promotion Period an Entrant must use an Internet connected mobile device to play the Game to participate in all three of the CovetCon branded Style Challenges within the Game (“In-App Entry”). Entrants will have the opportunity to purchase virtual content within the Game to help improve their performance, though purchases are not required for Entry. You understand that Internet access and device data usage charges and any other charges imposed by your mobile plan and/or online service may apply when playing the Game. Contact your wireless carrier and/or check your mobile plan for data usage pricing plans and details.
Email Entry Method. As an alternative to an In-App Entry, an individual who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria set forth in Section 2 above may send an email with the subject line: “ COVET FASHION COVETCON DIAMOND Promo Entry” and include the following information in the body of the email: your name, state of residence, age, your username within the Game, and the make and model of the device you play the Game on. The Game can be obtained and played for free by download the Game from the Apple iTunes or the Google Play store and launching the Game after installing the Game. Your complete and properly formatted email must be sent to (firstname.lastname@example.org) to constitute an Entry. Each properly formatted and complete email received before the end of the Promotion Period by Sponsor at the above email address are each an “E-Mail Entry.” Only properly formatted and complete Email Entries received from Entrants will be included in the pool of all of the eligible Entries from which the winning Entries will be drawn.
4. WINNER SELECTION: A total of three (3) prize winners (each, a “Winner”, and collectively, the “Winners”) will be determined by June 19, 2019 by the Sponsor from among all eligible Entrants who submit an Entry during the Promotion Period, unless a longer period of time is needed to validate the Winner and/or find an alternate Winner. Winner shall be determined by random drawing from all Entries submitted during the Promotion Period. The validated Winner will be announced on first week of July on the COVET FASHION Facebook page.
6. PRIZES/ODDS: Three (3) Winner Total. A total of three (3) prizes will be awarded to three (3) Winners (one prize per Winner). One Winner will be awarded 60k Game diamonds (i.e., Game’s virtual currency), one Winner will be awarded 30k Game diamonds, and one Winner will be awarded 15k Game diamonds. Winners are subject to validation. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and can only be used within the Game.
All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winner’s responsibility. No substitutions or transfers of a prize except in Sponsor’s discretion and with Sponsor’s prior written consent.
The Winner may need to supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving his/her prize. The value of the prize is taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the prize awarded if the aggregate value of the prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Promotion and/or by accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree that Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies or marketing partners and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns and Facebook (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage, including death, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or relating to the Promotion, including your Entry, participation in the Promotion, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each Indemnified Party from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. The Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical, computer, or app malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of an Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (vi) any notifications or prize delivery to the Winner that is undeliverable, returned, rejected or blocked due to reasons not attributable to Sponsor; or (vii) any postponement of the Promotion or withdrawal or cancellation of the Game. The Indemnified Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any phone, computer or other electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend or terminate the Promotion in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or of other manner/type, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial, regional or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, the unavailability of Sponsor’s selected photographer or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the Promotion or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the designated end date of the Promotion Period for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the Winner based on the Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination and that is in complete compliance with these Official Rules. This shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event the Promotion is so terminated or cancelled. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices, including intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE, SECTION 1542. The foregoing release extends to all Entrants in California and their respective potential claims whether or not claimed or suspected and constitute a waiver of each and all the provisions of the California Civil Code, Section 1542 (to the extent it would be applicable), which reads as follows: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE GAME (COVET FASHION) OR RELATED WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, you also agree that your name (first initial, last name only), city, state (or equivalent) and country may be posted on a winner’s list in order to comply with applicable laws requiring the disclosure of such information, without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. If any of the provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by applicable law, participants waive their right to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial procedures in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with the Promotion, including waiver of right to jury trial.
For Canadian Entrants: Any information provided by Canadian residents will be used solely to administer the Sweepstakes.
ARBITRATION: By participating in the Promotion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to the Promotion will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor or anyone associated with the production, development or handling of this Promotion, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of the Promotion or the terms of these Official Rules, shall be submitted individually, without resort to class action, to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration, under its rules then in effect, in San Francisco, California, USA, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred and that, unless prohibited by applicable law, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
SPONSOR: Glu Mobile Inc., 875 Howard Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA. Website: www.glu.com. COVET FASHION, Crowdstar, Glu and the g-man logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc. in the US and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Covet Fashion © 2013-2019 Glu Mobile Inc. All Rights Reserved. This promotion is not sponsored, affiliated with, or endorsed by Facebook.
FOR WINNERS LIST and OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winner (first name and home state) must be made by July 15, 2019. For the names of the Winner and/or Official Rule(s) send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Glu Mobile Inc. Attn: Covet Fashion’s COVET FASHION COVETCON DIAMOND GIVEAWAY WINNER LIST c/o Glu Mobile Inc., 875 Howard St., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94103.
END OF OFFICIAL RULES