COVET FASHION PLAYER APPRECIATION WEEK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED, AFFILIATED WITH, OR ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK
AN INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED AND CONNECTION FEES MAY APPLY.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA (EXCEPT NEW SOUTH WALES), BELGIUM, CANADA, DENMARK, FRANCE, GERMANY, INDIA, JAPAN, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, THE UNITED KINGDOM, AND THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SPONSOR:The COVET FASHION Player Appreciation Week Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Glu Mobile Inc., 875 Howard St., #100, San Francisco, CA 94103 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to entrants who:
(a) are legal residents of one of the 50 U.S. states (including the District of Columbia), or a legal resident of the following countries: Australia (except New South Wales), Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, the Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom;
(b) are at least the minimum age of majority in their country and state, province or district of residence at the time of entry; and
(c) submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (each, an “Entrant”).
The Promotion is not open to entrants who:
aa) are employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Sponsor or any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfilment of the Promotion;
bb)are immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, domestic partner, husband, or wife) or household members (defined as those people who share the same residence of such entrant at least three (3) months a year) of such individuals listed in clause aa) above;
cc) are prohibited by applicable law from entering the Promotion; or
dd) do not meet any of the eligibility requirements set forth above.
For purposes of Indian law only, in conducting the Promotion, Sponsor does not intend to promote its products, trademarks, or services. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 21, 2020, and ends at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 26, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS. Sponsor’s computer systems will be the official timekeeping device for the Promotion. Entries that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, Entrants may enter the Promotion in one (1) of two (2) ways (an Internet connection is required and connection fees may apply). Subject to the limit set forth below, an Entrant may submit either: (a) one (1) or more On-Line Entries or (b) one (1) or more Email Entries (each, as defined below) during the Promotion Period. A maximum of five (5) Entries per Entrant will be accepted regardless of method of entry; Entries in excess of the stated maximum will be void. Sponsor will announce the commencement of the Promotion Period on the COVET FASHION Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/covetfashion (the “Designated Facebook Page”).
On-Line Entry Method: To enter, an Entrant must play Sponsor’s mobile game titled COVET FASHION, which can be downloaded for free on an Apple iOS device or Google Android device (the “Game”). Then, during the Promotion Period, an Entrant must use an Internet connected mobile device to (i) successfully complete one of the five (5) in-Game challenges associated with Covet Fashion Player Appreciation Week that are made available in the Game during the Promotion Term, which have the following names in the Game: “Trailblazers”, “A Ballot in San Francisco”, “Embracing Darkness”, “A Snapshot of New York” and “Norse Queen” (the “Eligible In-Game Challenges”), and (ii) post Entrant’s look from the completed Eligible In-Game Challenge on the Designated Facebook Page with a comment that is responsive to Sponsor’s announcement of the Promotion on the Designated Facebook Page, and which includes the Entrant’s in-Game username and the #CovetPlayerAppreciation and #Sweepstakes hashtags (an “On-Line Entry”). Limit one (1) On-Line Entry per successfully completed Eligible In-Game Challenge and corresponding post on the Designated Facebook Page during the Promotion Period. Entrants who post a look from the same Eligible In-Game Challenge more than once during the Promotion Period will not receive additional On-Line Entries. Only submissions associated with the Eligible In-Game Challenges will provide On-Line Entries for the Promotion; submissions related to other in-Game challenges or events will not provide an On-Line Entry. You will need an account on Facebook to submit an On-Line Entry. If you don’t have an account you can create one for free at https://www.facebook.com/. Each On-Line Entry must (1) be publicly posted on the Designated Facebook Page, and (2) comply with Facebook’s terms and conditions (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms). Each On-Line Entry is also subject to the following requirements:
(a) Each On-Line Entry must not contain any content that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion is abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise discriminatory or offensive, obscene, threatening, harassing, intimidating, bullying, vulgar, violent, predatory, sexually explicit, pornographic, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, violative of any laws, rules or regulations in any territory, or otherwise objectionable and/or inappropriate;
(b) Each On-Line Entry must be submitted in the English language; and
(c) You represent and warrant that (i) you have obtained any and all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, and approvals from any and all third parties necessary to allow Sponsor (including its affiliates and licensees) to publicly display your On-Line Entry on the Designated Facebook Page, including without limitation with respect to any persons, content or other materials depicted, referenced or otherwise included in your On-Line Entry, and (ii) Sponsor’s public display of your On-Line Entry on the Designated Facebook Page will not infringe any rights of any third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, publicity rights or rights of privacy of any third party.
Any On-Line Entries that fail to comply with any of the above requirements, or that otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules, will be void. You understand that Internet access and device data usage charges and any other charges imposed by your mobile plan and/or online service may apply when playing the Game. Contact your wireless carrier and/or check your mobile plan for data usage pricing plans and details.
Email Entry Method. As an alternative to an On-Line Entry, an individual who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria set forth in Section 2 above may send an email with the subject line: “COVET FASHION Player Appreciation Week Sweepstakes Promo Entry” and include the following information in the body of the email: your name, country and state, district, or province of residence (as applicable), your age, your username within the Game, and the make and model of the device on which you play the Game. Your complete and properly formatted email must be sent to email@example.com during the Promotion Period to constitute a valid Entry. Each properly formatted and complete email received before the end of the Promotion Period by Sponsor at the above email address are each an “Email Entry.” Only properly formatted and complete Email Entries in the English language received from Entrants during the Promotion Period will be included in the pool of all of the eligible Entries from which the winning Entries will be drawn. Limit one (1) Email Entry per properly formatted and complete email received during the Promotion Period at the above email address. An Entrant must send additional emails meeting the requirements set forth in this paragraph to obtain additional Email Entries, subject to the maximum number of Entries set forth herein.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On or around September 28, 2020, Sponsor will randomly select twenty (20) potential prize winners from among all eligible Entrants who submit an Entry during the Promotion Period, consisting of five (5) potential Grand Prize winners, five (5) potential Runner-Up Prize Winners, and ten (10) potential Second Runner-Up Prize winners (each as defined below). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
8. RELEASE: Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies or marketing partners and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns and Facebook (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, liability, or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city, state, district, province or county, and country, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Promotion, Sponsor, and/or prize information for purposes solely related to the Promotion in any media without further payment or consideration, including, but not limited to, posting winner lists online. Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor, to the extent permitted under applicable law, a non-exclusive, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit via the Internet, and publicly display Entrant’s Entry, including Entry information, in whole or in part, solely for the purpose of administering this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Game or related websites or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promotion or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the designated end date of the Promotion Period for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winner based on the Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination and that is in complete compliance with these Official Rules. This shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event the Promotion is so terminated or cancelled. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except as provided by applicable law, and as specifically set forth below for individual jurisdictions, the Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (A) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or omission or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (B) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (C) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (D) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries; or (E) any injury or damage to person or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Promotion provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL DISCLAIM, LIMIT, OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, LIMITED, OR EXCLUDED PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW.
Applies to participants residing in Germany only: Sponsor will be liable for any culpable breach of essential contractual obligations. Essential contractual obligations are contractual obligations that need to be fulfilled to permit proper execution of these Official Rules and that may regularly be relied upon by the participant. Sponsor’s liability will otherwise be limited to gross negligence and willful misconduct. In the event of any liability on the part of Sponsor due to a slightly negligent breach of essential contractual obligations or slightly negligent misconduct on the part of simple vicarious agents, such as Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to typically foreseeable damages. The above limitations of liability will not affect any mandatory statutory liability, in particular Sponsor’s liability in connection with the loss of life, bodily injury or illness.
Applies to participants residing in the United Kingdom only: NOTWITHSTANDING THIS SECTION 10 (LIMITATION OF LIABILITY), NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY OF THE SPONSOR FOR FRAUD, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY THE SPONSOR OR ENTRANT’S NEGLIGENCE. No term of these Official Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, excluding Sponsor.
Applies to participants residing in India only: THE RELEASE DOES NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES CAUSED BY RELEASED PARTIES’ INTENTIONAL OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, OR FRAUDULENT REPRESENTATION.
12. APPLICABLE LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so those provisions may not apply to you.
13. DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: By participating in the Promotion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to the Promotion will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor or anyone associated with the production, development or handling of this Promotion, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of the Promotion or the terms of these Official Rules, shall be submitted individually, without resort to class action, to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration, under its rules then in effect, in San Francisco, California, USA, before one (1) arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred and that, unless prohibited by applicable law, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
FOR UK RESIDENTS ONLY: THE PROMOTION AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY ENGLISH LAW AND ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY CLAIMS OR DISPUTES RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION, THE PRIZE OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED.
FOR QUEBEC (CANADA) RESIDENTS ONLY: IF APPLICABLE, ANY DISPUTE RESPECTING THE CONDUCT OR ORGANIZATION OF A PUBLICITY CONTEST MAYBE SUBMITTED TO THE REGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX DU QUEBEC FOR A RULING. ANY LITIGATION RESPECTING THE AWARDING OF A PRIZE MAYBE SUBMITTED TO THE BOARD ONLY FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF HELPING THE PARTIES REACH A SETTLEMENT.
By entering the Promotion, all Entrants agree to give Facebook a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the Promotion.
14. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For the names of the winners and/or Official Rules send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the winners (first name, last initial and home state) must be made by October 28, 2020. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
COVET FASHION © 2020 Glu Mobile Inc. All Rights Reserved. COVET FASHION, Glu and the g-man logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved.