What happens to all cars I’ve earned or purchased prior to the release of Racing Rivals 7.0?
- In the 7.0 upgrade, you will have two (2) garages: a new garage and your “legacy garage.”
- All cars that you acquired prior to 7.0 will be found in your legacy garage.
- Legacy cars will be eligible and available for your use in exclusive “legacy events” that are only open to players with legacy garages. Winners of legacy events will receive exclusive virtual content as prizes.
- If you’re new to Racing Rivals after the release of the 7.0 upgrade, you will not be able to obtain legacy cars.
- After the release of 7.0, legacy cars will not be:
- earned or purchased;
- sold or pink slipped;
- further tuned and upgraded; or
- further customized.
- Legacy cars will not be eligible for Racing Rivals events in 7.0 or later except for the “legacy events” discussed above.
Other than the cars and virtual currency that I’ve accumulated prior to the release of 7.0, what happens to my inventory and other virtual items earned or purchased prior to the release of Racing Rivals 7.0?
- We recommend that you use all of your existing Crate Tokens and Boosts prior to the launch of 7.0. Crate tokens and Boosts will be removed and unavailable in 7.0.
- All of your remaining inventory items (Blueprints, Paints, Wheels, Underglows, Headlights and Body Kits) will be removed from your existing inventory. The value of items removed will contribute to a historical ranking.
- Historical rankings are determined via a combination of pre-7.0 inventory item value (see above), garage value, currency accumulated, player tenure, and player engagement.
- This ranking will be used to reward players with exclusive content in 7.0.
- Please see above to learn more about the effect of the 7.0 release on your cars.
- Please see below to learn more about the effect of the 7.0 release on your virtual currency (Gems and Racing Rivals Cash).
What happens to my virtual currency (Gems and Racing Rivals Cash) acquired prior to 7.0?
- Racing Rivals Cash that you have earned will be removed with the release of 7.0.
- Racing Rivals Cash that you have purchased will be available for your use after 7.0 is released.
- The ability to purchase Racing Rivals Cash through IAP will end on February 21, 2018 (UTC).
- Gems that you earned or purchased will not be removed, but . . .
- Gem balances remaining on player accounts at the launch of 7.0 will be adjusted in accordance with the new gem value (see below).
- In all cases the balance of gems in your account after 7.0 launches will be larger than the balance before 7.0
- Gem IAP prices in the shop are changing in order to provide a clearer value proposition for all players.
- Please see above to learn more about the effect of the 7.0 release on your virtual content and cars accumulated prior to the release of Racing Rivals 7.0.
For more information about Racing Rivals 7.0 see the Racing Rivals LIVE videos on the Carbonated YouTube channel. New information will be shared on Wednesdays during weekly live sessions on Twitch.